Act on Information Technology, Data Files and Civil Liberties & General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Personal data collection
The nominative data provided by the Customer are required for the processing of orders and drafting of invoices. This information may be disclosed to the Odiot partners responsible for performance, processing, management and payment of orders.
The personal data collected on this Website includes the following :
Opening of an account
When the Customer creates an account, the Customer’s surname, first name, email address, date of birth, postal address and telephone number.
When the Customer logs in to the Website, the website records, in particular, the Customer’s surname, first name, postal address and telephone number, login information and user information.
When using the services provided by the Website, Customers may create a profile, which may include an address and telephone number.
When paying for products and services offered on the Website, this website records the Customer’s credit card information.
Use of personal data
The personal data collected from Customers are collected to provide services on the Website, as well as to improve these services and maintain a secure environment. More precisely, the uses are as follows :
- access and use of the Website by the Customer ;
- receipt and performance of Customer orders ;
- operational management and optimisation of the Website ;
- organisation of the terms and conditions of use of payment services ;
- verification, identification and authentication of data sent by the Customer ;
- provision of Customer support (telephone or email);
- personalisation of services in line with the Customer’s browsing history ;
- fraud prevention and detection, malware (malicious software) and management of security incidents ;
- management of any disputes with Customers ;
- sending of commercial and publicity information in line with Customer preferences.
If the Customer does not wish to receive news or requests (by email) he/she can indicate his/her preferences in the customer account. Should he/she no longer wish to receive such news or requests, he/she may notify us of this decision by changing the settings in his/her customer account (untick the corresponding box) or by writing to the e‑commerce team at email@example.com
Sharing personal data with a third party
Personal data may be shared with third party companies, in the following instances :
- when the Customer uses payment services, to provide these services, the Website is in contact with third-party banking and financial companies with whom it has concluded agreements ;
- when the Customer authorises a third-party website to access his/her data ;
- when the Website resorts to service providers to offer Customer support, publicity and payment services, these service providers have limited access to Customer data for the performance of these services as well as a contractual obligation to use such personal data in compliance with provisions in applicable regulations on personal data protection ;
- where required by law, the Website may transfer data for the purposes of following up on claims made against the Website and complying with administrative and legal procedures ;
- if Odiot takes part in a restructuring operation concerning its group (merger, partial transfer of assets) it may be led to sell or share its assets in whole or in part, including personal data. In this case, Customers will be immediately notified, before any personal data is transferred to a third party.
Security and confidentiality
Odiot shall make every effort to implement organisational, technical, software and physical measures relating to digital security to protect personal data against alterations, damage and unauthorised access. However, Etablissements Coquet (JL Coquet & Jaune de Chrome) are only bound by a best efforts obligation.
Enforcement of Customers’ rights
Pursuant to regulations applicable to personal data, Customers have the following rights :
- to the updating or erasure of their personal data by logging in to their account and changing their account settings ;
- to deletion of account, by writing to the following email address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Moreover, and pursuant to Act no. 78–17 of 6 January 1978 amended by the European Data Protection Regulation having entered into force on 25 May 2018, Customers have a right to access (to be notified of their personal information), rectification, portability, and erasure of their personal data as well as to restriction of processing. They may also object to the processing of their personal data for legitimate reasons.
Subject to presentation of a valid identity document, the Customer may exercise his/her rights by writing to the following address : email@example.com, for the attention of the data protection team.
Personal data is stored for as long as required for the performance of sales and the management of commercial relations, unless :
- The Customer exercises his/her right to erasure under the conditions set out above, or ;
- A longer data retention period is granted or imposed by legal or regulatory provisions.
Amendments to this clause
Etablissements Coquet (JL Coquet & Jaune de Chrome) reserves the right to make any amendments to this clause on personal data protection, at any time. If any amendments are made to this data protection clause, Etablissements Coquet (JL Coquet & Jaune de Chrome) undertakes to publish the new version on its website. If the Customer does not agree with the terms of the new data protection clause, he/she may delete his/her account.
You can at any time change or withdraw your consent from the Cookie Declaration on our website.
Learn more about who we are on legal notice, how you can contact us.
Your consent applies to the following domains : odiot.com
What Are Cookies ?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. The cookies are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make the website more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
Cookie et compte sur le site
If you go to the login page, a temporary cookie will be created to determine if your browser accepts cookies. It does not contain personal data and will be deleted automatically when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will set a number of cookies to store your login information and screen preferences. The lifetime of a login cookie is two days, that of a screen option cookie is one year. If you check “Remember me”, your login cookie will be kept for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookie will be deleted.
For users who register on our site, we also store the personal data indicated in their profile. All users can view, modify or delete their personal information at any time (except their username · ice). Site managers can also view and modify this information.
Cookies et scripts externes
The third-party cookies used on our websites are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
Articles on this site may include integrated content (for example videos, images, articles, etc.). Content embedded from other sites behaves in the same way as if the visitor went to that other site.
What Types Of Cookies Do We Use ?
The cookies used on our website are grouped into the following categories.
The below list details the cookies used in our website.
Keeps a temporary record of products you have recently seen on the site
|mailchimp_landing_site||third party||4 weeks|
The cookie is set by the email marketing service MailChimp.
This cookie is set by Polylang plugin for WordPress powered websites. The cookie stores the language code of the last browsed page.
Registration of consent to cookies
Registration of cookies preferences
Record your settings about functional cookies.
This cookie is native to PHP applications. The cookie is used to store and identify a users’ unique session ID for the purpose of managing user session on the website. The cookie is a session cookies and is deleted when all the browser windows are closed.
This cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category “Necessary”.
|_gat_gtag_UA_171449057_1||third party||1 minute|
Google uses this cookie to distinguish users.
This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form.
|_ga||third party||2 year|
This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assigns a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
How Can I Control The Cookie Preferences ?
You can manage your cookies preferences by clicking on the “Settings” button and enabling or disabling the cookie categories on the popup according to your preferences.Settings